The annual report of the college’s study abroad program shows that the program is going places. A few of the highlights:
- CFAES students participate in education abroad in numbers in great proportion to any other College. Our current annual participation average is around 40%.
- In 2015-2016, CFAES awarded more than $60,000 to students in education abroad scholarships. Several new endowments have also been established from generous donors.
- CFAES is the only college on campus with two full time education abroad specialists who both also serve on the OIA team of Education Abroad Coordinators.
- Education Abroad participation is growing steadily with 261 abroad in 2015-16 compared to 96 in 2005-06.
- During the 2015-16 academic year 22 different faculty and staff members lead a study abroad experience.
- CFAES students traveled to all seven continents this year.
- The School of Environment and Natural Resources provided leadership for the first Ohio State-sponsored program in Antarctica and now offers it in a multidisciplinary way with the School of Earth Sciences.