The Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES) congratulates its 2019 Alumni Awards recipients.
“It is wonderful to see so many people from our college community here to share their support for these outstanding honorees,’’ CFAES Associate Dean and Director of Academic Programs Steven Neal told 140 alumni, relatives, faculty, staff, and friends during an awards luncheon on March 2. “We are all inspired by the accomplishments of these individuals.”
In all, 12 individuals received awards during the annual event, held on the Ohio State campus at the Fawcett Center:
- The Meritorious Service Award is given to alumni or non-alumni who have been singularly significant in CFAES’s quest for excellence.
- Bob Birkenholz, Fort Myers, Fla.
- Virgil Strickler, Galloway, Ohio
- The Distinguished Alumni Award is given to those who have brought distinction to themselves and to CFAES through their commitment and leadership.
- Bryan Garton (`93, PhD, Agricultural Education), Columbia, Mo.
- Steve Goodwin (`73, BS, Parks, Recreation & Tourism Administration), Johnstown, Ohio
- Chris Henney (`98, BS, Agricultural Education), Columbus, Ohio
- Phil Minerich (`76, BS, Food Technology), Austin, Minn.
- Floyd Poruban (`64, MS, ‘61, BS, Plant Pathology, Horticulture), Avon, Ohio
- Kristi-Warren Scott (`03, BS, Agribusiness and Applied Economics), Washington, DC
- The International Alumni Award is given to outstanding international alumni representing, supporting and promoting CFAES and Ohio State worldwide.
- Leandro Cruppe (`15, PhD, ‘11 MS, Animal Sciences), Goiania-GO, Brazil
- Richard Edema (`01, PhD, Plant Pathology), Kampala, Uganda
- The Young Professional Award recognizes young men and women for their early professional accomplishments.
- Leah Curtis (`07, BS, Agricultural Communications), Canal Winchester, Ohio
- Bo Harstine (`16, PhD, ‘13, MS, Animal Sciences), Columbus, Ohio
“Our alumni serve as inspirations to our students and the entire CFAES community. They improve our college, their industries, and our world through their work,” Vice President for Agricultural Administration and Dean Cathann A. Kress said.
Learn more about the 2019 CFAES alumni awards recipients at go.osu.edu/honorees. Find additional event photos at go.osu.edu/cfaesawards2019.