Nearly 150 people recently assembled to honor the achievements and service of 14 alumni from The Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES).
The annual CFAES Alumni Awards luncheon recognizes alumni and friends with awards for Meritorious Service to the College, Distinguished Alumni, International Professional and Young Professional.
“Thank you for advancing your professions and bringing honorable recognition to yourself, our college, and the university,” presenter Ryan Conklin said before alumni, faculty, staff, family and friends during the event, hosted by the college March 4.
It was the first time back on campus since graduation for Young Professional Award recipient Chanun "Mo" Somboonvechakarn, who traveled from Bangkik, Thailand for the ceremony.
"I feel very honored to be receiving this award. It reminds me of where I am from and to keep moving forward," he said.
Guests joined recipients for a pleasant buffet lunch and a celebration of their accomplishments and service to the college. Photos can be found at go.osu.edu/cfaesawards2017.
Meritorious Service Award
- John C. “Jack” Fisher, B.S., M.S. (1967, 1969) Columbus, OH
- Dan Wampler, B.S., Ph.D. (1980, 1983) Cincinnati, OH
- Jill Pfister, B.S., Ph.D. (1976, 1983) Springfield, OHDistinguished Alumni Award
- William Hildebolt, B.S., M.S., Ph.D. (1966, 1967, 1969) Winston Salem, NC
- The Honorable Brian Hill, AAS, B.S. (1984, 1986) Zanesville, OH
- Lewis R. Jones, B.S. (1965) Grove City, OH
- Isaac “Ike” Kershaw IV, Ph.D. (1993) West Jefferson, OH
- Kurt Loudenback, B.S. (1983) Sioux Falls, SD
- John O’Meara, B.S., M.S. (1978, 1983) Worthington, OH
- Ron Overmyer, B.S., M.S. (1966, 1972) Oak Harbor, OH
- Lawrence “Larry” Piergallini, B.S. (1977) Dillonvale, OHInternational Alumni Award
- Albert T. Modi, Ph.D. (1999) Scottsville, South AfricaYoung Professional Award
- Katy Endsley, B.S. (2004) Baltimore, OH
- Chanun Somboonvechakarn, B.S., M.S. (2007, 2009) Bangkok, Thailand