Come participate in the CFAES Speed Networking Event, 6-7:30 pm Wednesday, Sept. 14, in Kottman Hall Lobby.
The event is hosted by the CFAES Career Development Office and the CFAES Advancement Office.
As a professional in your field, you will provide students with the opportunity to practice their networking skills to prepare for the FAES Career Expo. Along with speed rounds, there will be open networking with snacks and beverages provided. Students will rotate between alum every several minutes to practice their elevator pitch, as well as asking questions of alum regarding their career.
Following are sample questions students might ask during the speed networking event:
- What field/industry do you work in?
- What are some pros and cons to working in that industry?
- How did you break into your line of work?
- Given my career interests, what advice might you provide to help me become successful?
- What can I do as a student to build and maintain my professional network?
- What tips, if any, do you have for the job search process?
Attire for the event will be business casual.
Please contact Mary McLaughlin to RSVP (email@example.com) by Friday, September 9th.