Do you have an individual in mind who has made significant contributions to the agricultural industry or to the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences? What better way to honor them than to nominate them for the CFAES Alumni Awards. There are five different award categories given each year that recognize both alumni and non-alumni for making a significant difference in our college or industry through their support, research, talents or leadership. The five categories are listed below:
- Meritorious Award: The purpose of the Meritorious Service Award is to give public recognition to non-alumni and/or alumni of the college who have been singularly significant in the college’s quest for excellence.
- Distinguished Alumni Award: The Distinguished Alumni Award gives public recognition to those who have brought distinction to themselves and the college at large through their participation, commitment, and leadership.
- International Alumni Award: The International Alumni Award is presented to outstanding international agriculture alumni representing, supporting, and promoting the college and The Ohio State University around the globe.
- Young Professional Achievement Award: The Young Professional Achievement Award recognizes alumni for their early professional accomplishments. This award provides recognition for these individuals and serves as a stimulus toward further efforts by younger alumni.
- Outstanding Service to the Society Award: The Outstanding Service to the Society Award recognizes a supporter, alum or non-alum, of the CFAES Alumni Society and its programs and efforts to provide alumni with opportunities to interact with the society, the college and the university.
To nominate an individual, please click on the link below to complete the application. More details on each award category, lists of past award recipients, and the current CFAES Alumni Awards Nomination Form can be found at http://cfaes.osu.edu/students/alumni/awards-and-recognition . Nominations for the 2016 awards will be accepted via mail or email through September 1, 2015.