An innovative businessman and dedicated friend to the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, Thomas L. Parker passed away July 7. He was 92.
Parker, of Upper Arlington, was a retired chairman and former president of Big Drum, Inc.
He generously supported The Ohio State University, particularly the Department of Food Science and Technology.
His desire to help students and foster innovation is most visible in The Parker Food Science and Technology Building, named after his family. Parker’s $3 million donation in 2000 enabled the facility’s completion and established the Thomas L. Parker Excellence in Dairy Foods Program, elevating the department’s national standing.
A memorial service is scheduled for 11 a.m. July 30 at The First Community Church, 1320 Cambridge Blvd., in Columbus.