Don’t forget to take part in one or more of these faculty & staff activities this week!
- Extension Campus Campaign Breakfast at 9:30 am in Ag Admin Auditorium.
- Columbus Campus Campaign & CFAES Advisory Council Breakfast 8 to 9:30 a.m. in Ag Admin auditorium. Flyer here.
- Wooster Campus Campaign Breakfast 8 to 10 a.m. in the Shisler Conference Center. Flyer here.
Helen Thompson has suggested the Arts, Science & Business Technology Fund (#308533) for the good of the division. It supports important work at ATI.
Other OSU funds to consider:
- Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation – Because everyone matters. – Fund 312040
- Nourishing Success Scholarship – Provides a meal plan for an FAES student who demonstrates financial need – Fund 315732
- Star House – A shelter for homeless youth – Fund 312330
- Military and Veterans Services – This office helps veterans transition to student life at Ohio State – Fund 314337
- The James Fund for Life – Supports cancer research – Fund 31092
- Veterinary Care Endowment – Used to provide veterinary services to animals whose owners cannot afford them - Fund 627487
- Ohio Military Kids 4-H Fund – supports camp and youth development for the children of service members. Fund 311984
- TAP Fund – Supports a program in College of Engineering to adapt toys for children with disabilities - Fund 315339
No matter the size of your gift, your support will help create a better world for us all. Please make your gift by April 30th.
A big thank you to everyone who has given so far. You have until April 30th to make a one-time or monthly gift to any OSU fund you like. Help us show the world just how much CFAES cares!
Featured fund: ATI Student Leadership Opportunity – 315636
Thom Janini submitted this fund to be highlighted. It supports professional development opportunities for students including registration for events, travel, and lodging. This fund is near and dear to Thom’s heart because it’s a need he identified last year and was able to help start the fund.
Did you know?
You can make a donation via Campus Campaign and become a member of one (or all!) of these programs:
Chadwick Arboretum ($5 a month or $40 one-time gift)
Secrest Arboretum ($35 one-time gift)
WOSU ($5 a month for basic; $7 a month for WOSU Membercard)
Wexner Center for the Arts ($6 a month for friend level)
OSU Alumni Association ($10 a month or $75 one-time gift to any OSU fund you like. Must be an OSU alum.)
Check out each program’s website for member perks. This is a great opportunity to give back and take part in some fun membership opportunities!
As of March 28th, 27% of CFAES faculty and staff have participated in the campaign. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who has given so far.
If you have yet to make a gift, please consider doing so. You can make a one-time gift or sign up for payroll deduction. If there is a cause close to your heart and you can’t locate a corresponding fund, check with your ambassador or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
And if you are currently giving via payroll deduct and would like to change your gift, its easy enough to do online.
On Monday, April 16 at 9:30 a.m., there will be a Campus Campaign light breakfast event for Extension employees in Ag Admin auditorium (before the JCEP committee meetings.)
All CFAES Faculty & Staff are invited to join the CFAES Staff Advisory Council and the CFAES Campus Campaign team for Staff Appreciation Breakfast Wednesday April 18 in the Agricultural Administration Auditorium from 8 to 9:30 a.m.
Wooster campus is also holding a breakfast that same day. Look for details on that soon!
Stories of Impact
We all know that OSU faculty, students, and staff do work that changes the world. Here are a couple of stories of people who have benefitted from OSU programs:
Tredella Floyd shares how OSU Extension changed her life so she could provide a better life for herself and her foster children.
Jeff Austin was able to farm again after being paralyzed by cancer thanks to AgrAbility.
Cailea Williams is able to get the nutrition she needs from the Garden of Hope while recovering from brain cancer.
What’s your story? What do you want your story to be?
As CFAES faculty and staff, we have an opportunity to give back to Ohio State in innumerable ways. No matter your passion, Ohio State has opportunities to change lives, encourage discoveries, support students, help animals, fight the opioid epidemic, fund the arts, feed the hungry, advance medicine and more.
During Campus Campaign, consider what you want your story to be. How will you make a difference at Ohio State? In the community? Throughout Ohio? Around the world? This is your chance to tell your story and make an impact.
Every gift tells a story.
What will yours be?
Make it heard with a gift during Campus Campaign.