Buckeye Love 2015
Thank you for your past support, your commitment and your passion for this great university.
You are the reason Buckeye Love is stronger today than ever before.
Part of its strength is that Buckeye Love means something different to everyone.
For you, it may be the traditions surrounding Ohio State football.
Or maybe you share our appreciation of food, agriculture and the environment.
We all have our own reasons for loving The Ohio State University, but there is something every person who supports Ohio State has in common. You’re helping take us to even higher levels of achievement.
Here, at the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, achievements and advancements happen every day:
- Dr. Linda Saif, a professor in the Food Animal Health Research Program and the College of Veterinary Medicine, is the first Ohio State scientist and the first woman to receive the Wolf Prize in Agriculture. The international award recognizes her work on viral diseases.
- A doctoral student and a recent environmental sciences graduate received a national award for a video on the Emerald Ash Borer.
Two donors and college alumni, Julie and Nathan Louiso, share the story of how they met during their undergraduate years and why they continue to support Ohio State scholarships.
“I can distinctly remember the very first time I ever saw Julie. It was Winter Quarter of 1999, Ag Admin room 246. The class was Agricultural Statistics 205,” said Mr. Louiso, regional sales manager of AgriGold Hybrids. I can’t say I believe in love at first sight but that description would be accurate. She walked into the classroom wearing this leopard-looking fur coat and I thought to myself, ‘Who in the world is that girl?’" Read more here.
And in the spirit of Valentine’s Day, check out these Buckeye Love stories from the college:
- Buckeye Love Finds Fertile Ground in CFAES
- Ohio Ice Wine Is Hot -- Share It With Your Valentine
- Collegiate 4-H Group Puts “Heart” in 4-H
- Chow Line: Simple steps to eating a heart-healthy diet
Of course, we remain focused on our students, many of whom receive scholarships thanks to the generosity of donors like you.
We hope you’ll take this opportunity to Buckeye Love It like never before.
Make a gift, share your story and encourage your circle of family and friends to do the same.